How to Prevent Ants from Coming Into Your Home
And How to Get Rid of Them
It’s amazing how such a tiny pest can cause so much frustration! You know the moment you see one little ant moving across your floor, there are bound to be more following, starting the long process of trying to kick them out. At ExtermPRO, we believe preventative pest care is the easiest way to handle a problem, so today we’re taking a look at how you can prevent ants—and what you should do if they do come inside.
How to Prevent Ants
1. Store food properly. Don’t make it easy for them to feast on your food. Store everything in an air-tight container. This means cereal, baking supplies, snacks, and even your dog’s food.
2. Clean up. While you won’t be able to prevent every ant from coming in by keeping a tidy home, the fewer crumbs lying around, the better. Make it a habit to sweep or vacuum every night before bed.
3. Seal cracks. Search for the ways they might be getting in. Ants are tiny and don’t need a lot of space to make their way into your home, but you can make it more difficult for them by caulking cracks and sealing doors.
4. Call ExtermPRO. We believe preventative treatments are essential for fending off pest problems.
How to Get Rid of Ants
1. Use a lure. Lures work by attracting ants to come grab a snack to share with their colony. That snack is actually poisonous, so when the colony enjoys the meal, they die. You can find them at your local home improvement store.
2. Choose a natural method for getting rid of ants. There are many things they can deter them from returning to your home after they discover a snack.
3. Trust ExtermPRO. Your local pest pros have decades of experience dealing with pesky ant problems. We can help you keep ants out for good. How are ants getting into your home? That’s one of the biggest questions that needs to be answered when stopping an infestation. We start by looking for the nest, treating areas outside of the home, and then work our way inside if need be. Call us today at 571-620-1168.
Special Offer for New Customers
$50 Off Complete Pest Control Services
Hurry! Offer Expires December 15, 2020