How to Get Rid of Ants Naturally
Ants shouldn’t be anywhere in your home or pestering you while you’re trying to enjoy dinner al fresco. But, these clever pests are determined to find food and will gladly join you inside and out. Sometimes that puts you in a tough spot: would you rather have a pest around or use chemicals to get rid of them? Luckily, there are some ways to get rid of ants naturally—no chemicals needed!
Six Ways to Get Rid of Ants Naturally
- Mint. Ants don’t like the smell of mint. Plant mint on your patio to keep them off your deck, and put mint essential oil on cotton balls near entry points into your home.
- Vinegar. Ants use scent trails to communicate. Hey everyone! There’s food over here. Vinegar can disturb these scent trails to keep ants from finding your food. Simply make a 1:1 mixture of vinegar and water and spray around the areas of your home where you find ants.
- Lemon juice. Like vinegar, lemon juice may also destroy scent trails. You can make a lemon and water mixture to spray around or soak a cotton ball with lemon essential oil to place where ants are getting inside.
- Cinnamon. Cinnamon suffocates ants when inhaled. Sprinkle it where ants are getting into your home and/or place it around their anthill.
- Pepper. Sprinkle pepper around entry points in your home, especially where ants are getting in. You can use cayenne or black pepper. While it won’t kill the ants, they aren’t a fan of pepper, and it will deter them.
- Diatomaceous earth. This mineral is made of tiny diatoms. It’s used in many aspects of pest control inside and out. It works by cutting through ants’ exoskeletons. It’s completely safe for your family!
At ExtermPRO, We Work from The Outside in.
How are ants getting into your home? That’s one of the biggest questions that needs to be answered when stopping an infestation. We start by looking for the nest, treating areas outside of the home, and then work our way inside if need be. We value your safety, your kids’ safety, and your pets’ safety, so we only use green products indoors—the same ones we would feel comfortable using in our home. Call us today at 571-620-1168 to learn more about our ant control services.
Special Offer for New Customers
$50 Off Complete Pest Control Services
Hurry! Offer Expires September 30, 2023