Can You Use Essential Oils to Get Rid of Spiders?
There are many uses for essential oils: cleaning, diffusing, and repelling mice. Did you know you can also use essential oils to get rid of spiders?
Essential Oils to Get Rid of Spiders
Spiders smell through their legs, and they are repelled by strong scents—especially areas that require direct contact. Essential oil lovers know there are plenty of fragrant options. Here are your essential oil options for repelling spiders:
- Peppermint oil
- Citrus: orange, lemon, and lime
- Eucalyptus oil (or spread eucalyptus leaves)
- Tea Tree
How to Use Essential Oils for Spiders
There are a few ways to use this spider repelling method, including:
- Apply a line of oil across an entry point (where you think they are coming into your home)
- Dilute the oil with water, put it in a spray bottle, and cover a larger area where you’ve found them.
- Soak a cotton ball with oil and put it either in access points or places they like to hang out.
Spider Problems? You Might Have a Bigger Pest Problem on Your Hands.
Seeing a couple of spiders in your home shouldn’t be a cause for concern. However, if you’re suddenly seeing a lot of them, you could have a bigger pest problem on your hands. Your local pest pros at ExtermPRO are here to help. We will do a full inspection of your property to get down to the cause of these eight-legged pests. Call us today at 571-620-1168.
Special Offer for New Customers
$50 Off Complete Pest Control Services
Hurry! Offer Expires July 15, 2022