Pests More Active in Winter Than Summer
Understanding Winter Pest Control Needs – Expert Solutions for Your Home
Winter in Gainesville is a time when many of us see a drop in pests. It’s cold here in Virginia, and many pests either die off or hibernate in winter, causing them to decrease their activity. For our year-round pest control clients, we typically find that calls decrease during this time.
But not all pests go quiet in winter. Some are active, as active, or even more active in winter than summer.
At ExtermPRO, we recognize that certain pests become more active or seek shelter during the winter months. Our experienced team is equipped to tackle these winter pests, ensuring your home remains comfortable and pest-free. If you’re encountering increased pest activity this winter, reach out to us today.
Who We Are – ExtermPRO
Based in Virginia, ExtermPRO is a leader in providing effective pest control solutions. We specialize in identifying and addressing the unique behaviors of pests that are more active or intrusive during the colder months. Our approach combines advanced techniques with a deep understanding of seasonal pest patterns to deliver exceptional service.
Winter Pests That Are Active in Colder Months
While many assume that pests are less active in winter, the truth is some seek refuge inside homes to escape the cold. These include:
- Rodents – Mice and rats are common winter intruders. They enter homes looking for warmth and food, often nesting in walls, attics, or basements. Winter is a critical time for them, as the cold weather can be dangerous and food is more scarce, so moving indoors offers safety and possible places to feed.
- Spiders – Certain spider species seek shelter indoors during winter, hiding in quiet, undisturbed areas of the home. While some spiders may become dormant in winter, others remain fairly active, seeking out pests that may be hibernating inside of your home.
- Bed Bugs – Bed bugs are not necessarily “more active” in winter. However, they are active all year, and winter is when many people travel AND spend time indoors. That means that bed bugs are more likely to spread in winter, leading to an increase in activity.
Others pests can be active in winter, but are not necessarily more active than other times of the year. Cockroaches, for example, can be found entering homes in winter, although many species go dormant in a form of hibernation during these months.
Our Winter Pest Control Strategies
As a pest control company, we make it our role to be there all year with different strategies depending on the types of pests you struggle with. While winter is a slightly slower time for pests, it is not without its challenges.
At ExtermPRO, Our tailored winter pest control strategies at ExtermPRO include:
- Thorough Inspections – Identifying entry points and nesting areas is crucial in winter pest control. Our team conducts comprehensive inspections to pinpoint these areas.
- Customized Treatment Plans – We develop targeted treatment plans to address the specific pests invading your home.
- Preventative Measures – Alongside treating current infestations, we implement preventative strategies to reduce the likelihood of future intrusions.
- Safe and Effective Solutions – Our methods are not only effective but also prioritize the safety of your family and pets.
ExtermPRO stands out for its commitment to quality and customer satisfaction. Our experts are not only skilled in addressing winter pest problems but also in providing proactive advice to keep your home pest-free throughout the year.
Don’t let winter pests disrupt the comfort of your home. If you’re facing pest issues this season, contact ExtermPRO. Our team is ready to provide the effective solutions you need to enjoy a pest-free winter.
Special Offer for New Customers
$50 Off Complete Pest Control Services
Hurry! Offer Expires February 29, 2024